un:  myuser
pw:  mypasswd
site: sftp.somesite.com
port:  990
type: FTPS
enc: FTP over implicit TLS

program used:
Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31

I would like to "put" 1 file on there server.

Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong?

curl -3 -v --cacert /home/myuser/TEST/us.pem --disable-epsv --ftp-skip-pasv-ip --
ftp-ssl -T "/home/myuser/TEST/somefile.txt" ftp://usergiventome:passworm@sftp.somesite.com:990

PS. I can only use cmdline utils, and remote admins suggest I use Filezilla or LFTS, however, my admin suggested I use cUrl. Honestly, I wish to simply use scp, but you know, I can't lol.

PSS.
what was said from remote admin:

PSSS. my response:

I am at your mercy Unix Gods, suggestions are completely welcome.

---------- Post updated at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:15 AM ----------

# curl -V
+ curl -V
curl 7.19.1 (hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.23) libcurl/7.19.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7m zlib/1.2.3 lib
idn/0.6.9
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file https ftps
Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

---------- Post updated at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:58 AM ----------

it just hangs, i get no reply/anything from remove server:

# curl --cert us.pem --user usergiven:passworm --upload-file file.txt >
+ curl --cert us.pem --user usergiven:passworm --upload-file file.txt ftp://sftp.remoteserver.com:990
#

just hangs... and hangs....

Google finds me: Command-line FTPS (not SFTP) client for Linux - Server Fault

curl ftps://server.com/ or curl --ftp-ssl ftp://server.com/

You can't expect curl to guess the protocol to use; you need to specify that you want to use FTPS. Something like:

curl --ftp-ssl --cert us.pem -u username:password -T /full/path/to/file ftp://sftp.remoteserver.com:990/file

Sometimes the remote FTPS server puts you one folder above the target destination so you need to send CWD before starting the transfer (you'll see an error message if this happens).

Also, while you're setting up the connection, it's advisable to use "-v" flag to show verbose output.

sorry, this is HPUX not linux

Curl is open source, not varying between O/S much, especiially between UNIX's.