Ftp mget exclusion question

In the script I am doing a mget for multiple files. How can I exclude just one file which I do not need to ftp ?

Some ftp's do, some don't:

ftp mget exclude - Google Search

---------- Post updated at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:19 PM ----------

You might use lftp mirror:

lftp.1

---------- Post updated at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:22 PM ----------

Or you can list the files, exclude the one you don't want, and generate the get's for every other file name.

If local conditions allow maybe use ftp "rename" command to change the name of the file to not match the pattern in ftp "mget", then rename the file back again afterwards.

You could even rename it to a different directory and back afterwards.

Of course, if you had freedom to move it out of that directory, you would, I hope! It sounds like a common architectural and security mistake: a directory of unlike files. All these should be in different directories:

• bought/downloaded files never modified after installation/patch (should never change from distribution),
  • files modified to configure your installation (should never change after installation or reconfiguration) (should also be under some CMS, like SCCS, in another dir, as they change),
  • executables that might be in $PATH (/bin/) (speeds search for executables, may get executed by accident),
  • dynamic libraries (/lib/)if your OS has a separate path var for them like $LD_IBRARY_PATH (speeds search even more, as often, many lib per executable),
  • anything that has a $*PATH variable associated with it, e.g, MANPATH (speeds search BTW, putting local dirs before NFS dirs also speeds PATH search a lot),
  • data in to system, separate current and archive, maybe separate by remote system,
  • data out from system, separate current and archive, maybe separate by remote system,
  • data intermediate to system processes, separate current and archive,
  • temp files, preferebly a dir not shared (name collisions) or volatile (lose evidence needed for prod support) but generally OK to delete,
  • logs, separate current and archive,
  • documentation, by type (/man/, /html/, /info/, /txt/)
  • source code, includes separate from other source (speeds search)separate for make directory (makes cleanup easy, just delete everything and get makefile))
  • source code archives (SCCS,RCS,CVS,SVN,etc.)