FTP Library

What is the "best" library to deal with FTP in C programming language? I've considered libcurl and ftplib (ftplib), but libcurl is designed for HTTP-like protocols (but supports FTP) and ftplib is poor in functionality (no multi-interface, don't know whether is it thread-safe or not, no custom commands).
Any suggestions?
Has anybody experience with FTP under C?

The only other decent api library is here: NcFTP Software
It provides a lot of functionalilty, but it is not free. I do not know if multi-interface is there or not, it was supposedly going to be available. Edit: I just looked and it seems to be.

You've already found the other two I know about. We used pfau's ftplib for some simple apps under RHEL 4 - I think it was.

Hmmm, strange, for other languages there are a lot of perfect free libraries for FTP, e.g. Net::FTP for perl.

Try this google "site:sourceforge.net ftp library"

After reading three pages of hits the only one that surfaced is alexis ftp (aftp). Try the same and see what you get that you can use.

i did a lot of ftp programming with c. ftplib works fine for me.
threads are a pain in the ass just use fork() if you need to.

I've choosed ftplib for now. But already have a problem: FtpLogin() failes when server responses "220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity." The last patch for ftplib was produced 16.09.2000. Where can I post a bug?

After a few days with ftplib I've switched to libcurl and was surprised with its capabilities and stable work in comparison to ftplib.