Fsck with SVM

Hello

I want to ask that how to mount and run fsck in SVM disk.In my scenario if i have to disks c0t0d0 and c0t1d0 these two disks are in Mirroring (raid1) if i want to run fsck on the disks than below are the right steps?

ok boot cdrom -s
mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a
cd /a
fsck /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0
Question 1: Can i run the fsck on both disks here or the first one only?

ok boot cdrom -s
mount /dev/md/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a
cd /a
fsck /dev/md/rdsk/c0t0d0s0

kindly tell me which one is the right option or step by step guide will be appreciated thanks in advance.

Hello,

We don't run fsck on mounted filesystem.

In SVM, devices are not created the way you have mentioned, meta devices are named as d0, d1, d12 etc... 'd' followed by a number.

Consider the below example:

d11 - c0t0d0s0
d12 - c0t1d0s0

d10 is a mirrored metadevice with d11 and d12 as its sub mirror.

You will mount d10 after creating a filesystem on it for any use.

In case you want to run fsck on it or its sub mirrors, then you first need to unmount it and then run fsck accordingly.

fsck /dev/md/rdsk/d10
fsck /dev/md/rdsk/d11
fsck /dev/md/rdsk/d12

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vishal

Thanks vishal for your prompt response...

ok i got it ,yes thats my mistake i wrote c0t0d0 in svm we have d10 or so on.But i have a question here if i boot from cdrom then i think there is no need to unmount the metadevices because devices are not mounted in single user of cdrom ?is true. Kindly tell me step by step guide Thanks..

Yes, nothing will be mounted when you have booted from a CD, but to work on SVM metadevices you need to have metadbs patched in the kernel and they won't be patched when you have booted from a CD, hence you can't work on them.

Why are you booting with CD to work on SVM, why can't just boot with a disk and then play around.

Regards,
Vishal