From WinXP to Unix with X-window

Can anyone tell me if there is a possibility to connect WindowsXP to Unix by means of an X-Window?

I want to do this graphical but I can't find a client with a reasonable pricetag on it. We now use WRQ Reflection to connect to a character-based programm on the unix box. But I would like to do this with a X-client.

Have you tried using VNC? it is free and there are varieties of VNC out there.

[XWinLogon](XWinLogon Win32 X Server download | SourceForge.net XWinLogon Win32 X Server download | SourceForge.net) is an X-Server package for Windows computers that allows them to connect to Linux/UNIX boxes and is aimed at rivaling X-Win32 and Hummingbird eXceed.

WeirdX
Pure Java X Window System Server under GPL

• RealVNC
    software makes it possible to view and fully-interact with one computer from any other computer or mobile device anywhere on the Internet.
  • TightVNC
    With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer.
  • Ultr@VNC
    is a client/server software that allows you to remotely control a computer over any TCP/IP connection as if you were in front of it.
  • Secure iXplorer secure FTP, VNC and Terminal sessions
  • Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware.

updated with new find (2004-12-14)

XLiveCD
allows users of Microsoft Windows to connect to remote Unix computers, run graphical applications and have the graphics displayed on their desktops. The software runs from the CD without being installed. XLiveCD was prepared by University Technology Services to facilitate use of research Unix systems at Indiana University by Windows users on campus.

XLiveCD sounds good: it uses Cygwin. Cygwin is free, and includes an X server.
See http://cygwin.com/, and for info on installing see
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html\#AEN194

Note one trick: the default install is minimal - no X, it's barely serviceable. If you select All when selecting packages (click on "Default" until it changes to "Install"), then you'll be installing over a GB of programs.

One more trick: there are lots of mirrors of Cygwin, and because it's big and frequently updated, often the mirrors are incomplete, especially while major updates are rippling out.

I haven't been able to convince anyone to run my script that automatically runs the md5 sig checks and "publishes" the results at the root of the Cygwin mirror. So I'm afraid checking the mirror's integrity is left as an exercise for the reader. (Tip: download and check the download, directory by directory.)

But usually the mirrors are okay.

Don't forget to run mkpasswd, mkgroup (with both -l and -d options), and run ssh-host-config to setup ssh after you've installed it.

Oh, and when you ssh into the Unix box to run the X application, use the -Y option on ssh, not the -X.