free VMWARE clone for windows?

I'm looking for a free alternative to VMWARE, that will function in the same way. Bochs is not an option, and I can't seem to find any other viable software that will run on Windows. Cygwin is not what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of public license software that is like VMWARE?

I don't know of a free alternative, but I use VMWARE on a regular basis and have purchased a full copy of Workstation 4.0

If you want a quality product (the BEST in it's field) then you really do have to pay for it. I've even gotten Solaris running under it (point of that is there is some flexibility over their list of "supported" OSes).

Peace,
ZB
http://www.zazzybob.com

I don't need the best in the field in this case, I am merely looking for something free that will serve my personal use.
After doing much searching, it doesnt seem like there's anything that will match my needs.

It's not quite a production-ready piece of software yet, but if you just want something to play with, try Bochs .

I've gotten x86 Linux running on my iBook with Bochs before.

Keep in mind that no emulator will give you real great CPU/memory/IO/etc power...

I havent seen a FREE version. Like one of the replies, I also purchased my copy to use it to its full aspect. Sorry.

hdk_mkr