Free test appication for HACMP home Lab

Hi Everyone,

I'll be setting up a home lab for HACMP to play with it as much as I can and learn through out. I already have read old threads about it. My only concern is that I want to install an application on the nodes and then do a failover test to see if the application moves over. The problem is idk what application should I install. Obviously I can't install high end expensive application on a home lab.

Do you guys know any free application which I can install on the AIX nodes and monitor it during a failover and fallback. I have a interview coming up in about 1 week, so I need to practice doing all this. Thanks in advance for the help!

You can write a simple C program or script. Consult the IBM Redbooks and read the section in the manual regarding "Creating the application startup and shutdown scripts. IBM Redbooks

I don't have a lot of issues in writing a application startup or shutdown script. The issue is that I am looking for a freeware app to be able to install on AIX which run in the background, through which I can just test my cluster.

You could configure NFS or the git-daemon (there is an rpm for it)...
Welcome to Bull AIX freeware site.

Use a simple web server. This is easy to test from outside, you could put one page on a NFS-mount to play around with HA-NFS, write an application controller, ....

Most of the concepts of HACMP/PowerHA/Systemmirror are independent from the specific application anyways, so most apps would suffice as an example.

I hope this helps.

bakunin