Free SSH Client other than PUTTY

Is there any Better FREE SSH client similar to Secure CRT ?

We are working on cluster db servers. PROD/DEV/UAT/QA/TEST server hostnames are just one letter differences. it always confuse me to which one I am logging in.

So I am looking for a free SSH client, for windows where I can store hostnames with different catagories and acess it.

PuTTY is quite capable of naming saved sessions whatever you want, so I don't understand the problem.

I wanted to store hostsnames by categories as follows

Dev
-hostname1
-hostname2
PROD
-hostname1
-hostname2
UAT
--hostname1
--hostname2

Is it possible in putty? in which version, if possible could you please provide exact link for download

Ah..

I recall there being at least one commercial product based around an enhanced PuTTY GUI but I don't recall a free one.

Naming things "PROD hostnamep" "DEVEL hostnamed" instead of just "hostnamep" "hostnamed" etc. would work to categorize them since the list is always sorted alphabetically(which is why the top names all have == in them, I added those to force them to the top.)

[edit] mremote seems to have what you want.

You can use Putty Connection Manager on Windows. It's free, you can organize your connections using folders, save username and password (the last one is not recommended, of course), initial commands etc. You can encrypt the database that contains all that information.

On Linux I use a small expect script (if anyone is interested, I'll share it, there are only few lines of code) and different aliases, so with the Z-Shell completion it's quite good.

I just type the first letters of the project name, I press tab and I get a nice selection menu (courtesy of zsh), and then the connection/authentication (via ssh) is automatic.

We're not allowed to use PKI (corporate policy ...), so I wrote an expect script.