free() function?????

Did any one knows everything about the unix memory management system and the free() function?
There is no problem when making the dynamic arrays free. The problem is that when trying free the link lists. The free() function does not work when trying to make free the link lists. I would be greatfull if any one can help me about the memory management.

Please be more specific. What in particular does not work? Are you getting an error message during compile? run-time? Does the program crash or produce unexpected results?

Think that I have a dynamic array of a struct. This struct includes link lists. I just want to clean the memory I have used for that link lists and dynamic array. I used free it gives no error in compile time neither in run time. But the memory usage of the program increases all the time and when it comes to a point that is too high program gives Segmentation Fault!(What a suprise).

You need to start at the end of the link list and free() each element and then move up in the list until you reach the head. Then all the elements of the link list should be free() and your memory leak should be gone.

Is your application threaded??