Formatting Question

Good Morning-

I've been cloning a Solaris 9 SPARC machine using ufsrestore and have successfully restored drive 0. Now I'm trying to set up the mirror drive. To label and format the new drive, I used

#format -e ->select c0t1d0 ->label ->select SMI ->select no ->select no ->select yes  

and let the machine sit overnight. When I came back, the command had not completed. Whenever I type something it I get (Whatever I typed) is not an integer Does anyone know that it's expecting or what I did wrong?

(Sorry I didn't add tags- I don't see the option for some reason.)

Alas i can't help you with your problem, as i am Solaris-illiterate.

This, though, is easy: simply write

```text
...<yourtext>....
```

. For example:

"

```text
while /my/cmd ; do (( passes += 1 )) ; done
```

"

will look like:

while /my/cmd ; do (( passes += 1 )) ; done

Similar with the ``` ... ``` -tags. You can use them to mark up single words or very short phrases, like:

"Use ``` /path/to/file1 ``` as an input for ``` /usr/bin/thiscommand ``` . "

Which will look like this:

Use /path/to/file1 as an input for /usr/bin/thiscommand .

I hope this helps.

bakunin

1 Like

Thanks.. Not the code tags though- I was able to do those. I meant the thread tags. It looks like someone put them in for me- format, formatting, newbies, question

Useful information though. As I type these, the tag buttons you are talking about are not showing up but thread tags are!

--- Post updated at 09:32 AM ---

I played around with this a little more. It looks like the command might be too long? When I finish typing it in, I only see:

select c0t1d0 ->label ->select SMI ->select no ->select no ->select yes

The #format -e -> seems to get cut off.

I'm running this from single user mode. I wonder if I can run the command from terminal. Or is there a way to shorten the command?

Just click the "Edit tags" at the top right of the tags section.

When creating a thread, some default - not necessarily spot on or meaningful - tags are added automatically. Edit to taste.

1 Like