Find files older than X with a weird file format

I have an issue with a korn shell script that I am writing. The script parses through a configuration file which lists a heap of path/directories for some files which need to be FTP'd. Now the script needs to check whether there are any files which have not been processed and are X minutes old.

The problem is the format of the file is written to be passed into java in the configuration script and I cannot change it.

A few examples:
FTP.Thread.1.File.6.FileName=^WMSDATAFILE_[0-9]{4,6}_To_SuppIn_[0-9]{17}\.dat$
FTP.Thread.1.File.6.LocalDirName=data_to/MOVE/SuppIn

FTP.Thread.2.File.3.FileName=^POSDATAFILE_To_PurchOrderIn_[0-9]{17}\.xml$
FTP.Thread.2.File.3.LocalDirName=data_to/PMS/POIn

Now if I have the filename I can touch a file and use the find command to see if its older as below. But find cannot understand the file format. I was thinking about string replacing certain parts of the filename with stars as the timestamp values don't really matter, but it might get hard with the [0-9] values as they are not necessarily 0-9 for example.

touch -t [datetime X mins ago] touchfile
find [filename without the crap inside] ! - newer touchfile

Any ideas?

P.S. My script already gets the filename and path from the config file. So that part is already done.

P.S.S. Unfortunately I cannot use the -regex in my find..... as the below statement would have worked:
find ./ -regextype posix-extended -regex './XXX_[0-9]{4,6}_XXX.dat' -print

Do you have a version of awk that supports the --posix ?

$ find . -type f -print | awk --posix '/^.\/WMSDATAFILE_[0-9]{4,6}_To_SuppIn_[0-9]{17}\.dat$/ '
./WMSDATAFILE_999999_To_SuppIn_99999999999999999.dat
./WMSDATAFILE_9999_To_SuppIn_00000000000000000.dat

Well it isn't giving me an error, its just not finding the files. So I guess posix exists. I will have a play and see if I can get it working

---------- Post updated at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:45 AM ----------

Chubler_XL, thank you for the help. I got it working:

find . -type f ! -newer touchfile -print | /usr/xpg4/bin/awk  '/^.\/WMSDATAFILE_[0-9]{4,6}_To_SuppIn_[0-9]{17}\.dat$/ '

This finds files that are older than the touchfile that match the expression.