Find CPU per process in AIX

Hi.

I am looking for a command that will return me the amount of CPU used by a specific process in AIX environment.
I know there is TOPAS - but it is interactive and I need to get this information from system that connects remotely via SSH.
Using writing to files and than reading them is also not good.

In Solaris for example I do :

prstat 1 1 | grep app| nawk '{print $1"|-|"$9}'

or in linux :

top -n 1 -b | grep app| awk '{print $1"|-|"$9}'

while it returns for each PID the CPU.

Can you think of a non-interactive command like that in AIX that can return this information like prstat or top in linux ?

P.S : I don't have either TOP or NMON installed since it is not coming out of the box in AIX so I can't count on that.

Hi,

Many programs which display memory usage, like "top" or "ps -lf" do not distinguish between shared and private memory and show the SGA usage in each background and shadow process.
Subsequently, it may appear as though Oracle is using several times more memory than what is actually installed on the system.
To properly determine how much memory Oracle is using, you must use a tool which separates private and shared memory. One such tool is "svmon".
This program can be located on the IBM AIX CD-ROM as part of the AIX fileset "perfagent.tools". Use the command "smit install_latest" to
install this fileset.
For information about using svmon and other tools to determine memory usage, please refer to the AIX "Performance
Management Guide" from IBM, chapter 7 "Monitoring and Tuning Memory Use", and the heading "Determining How Much Memory Is Being Used". This guide
is available online at the following IBM web site...

Performance Management Guide - Determining How Much Memory Is Being Used

:slight_smile: