Find Command In Script

I've got two find commands that work when executed from the command line, but don't work when added to an existing script that runs via Cron. The commands:

find /unifi_dev_bkup/database/backup_files/prod -name `date +%y`* -mtime +0 -exec rm -r {} \;

find /unifi_dev_bkup/aifiles/prod -name '*a*' -mtime +0 -prune -exec rm -r {} \;

When I put these commands in their own script and run via Cron, it works correctly. I'm receiving no errors via root's email. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and, if so, has a suggestion.

Thanks in advance!

The logical answer would be look at the existing script - the problem lies within. Is there an if statement that is not letting the find commands run? (or some other statement) Can you get the two find commands to work from one script (not the 'existing' script) via cron?

Post the script - OS and version - and shell/language you are scripting in.

Also, always use the search function on this site to see if there's a solution to your problem...

Yes, the commands work if I put them in a separate script and run it via Cron. Running in Korn shell--Sun Solaris 7. Here are the first several lines of the script:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/ksh
#
#
# Production DB Backup Script
#
# prod_online_backup
#

#
# Set ENV Vars
#

DLC=/opt/dlc91d;export DLC
PATH=$DLC/bin:$DLC:$PATH;export PATH
PROMSGS=/opt/dlc91d/promsgs;export PROMSGS
LOG=/usr/bin/st_scripts/log_files/scripts_log

#
#
# Remove any database or AI backup directories older than 1 day
#

find /unifi_dev_bkup/database/backup_files/prod -name `date +%y`* -mtime +0 -exec rm -r {} \;

find /unifi_dev_bkup/aifiles/prod -name '*a*' -mtime +0 -prune -exec rm -r {} \;