Filezilla Setup

Hello,
I am trying to set up an ftp client server connection with my family. I have a netgear router that I am behind. Does anyone know what how I need to set up the router and filezilla to allow access to my family members? Right now I cannot even access my router admin page. Router Login & Setup | NETGEAR. Will I have to do anything with ip forwarding? My family also has routers with firewalls.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

FTP server settings and port forwarding will come later, first part is that why you are not able to access your router's admin page, I guess that it is an ADSL modem router, if this is the case and you are trying to access the same router from outside your network i.e. from internet, you'll have to enable Remote Access to your router, as well as try to access it thru IP address or at least try to ping the IP address. Pls post the result and explain your question.

Regards,
Tayyab

Well. I have access to my router admin page now. I am trying to set up my filezilla file server so that my family can access my pc and login to my family member's file server to retrieve files. So I am trying to find out how my router should be set up to allow this to happen. I have set upan FTP service with a specific IP. Is this the IP that I should set my filezilla server to? Also is this the IP that my family should access to login? Thanks for your help.

Its very simple. Install FileZilla server at your machine with a private IP address and from the router forward port 21 to that private IP address, but you need to have a static IP address assigned to your netgear router by ISP, do u have? if not, use Dyanamic DNS service, if your netgear router supports it. I hope it helps.

Regards,
Tayyab

So if use the DNS service which IP do i put in the port forwarding? I think that is what I am currently doing because I do not have the static ip option selected. Also, what IP should they use to access my server once I have it set up?

Thanks.

If you don't have statis IP address, try to use Dyanamic DNS service, for more info try this LINK, and try get some more details about IP networking, your ISP might help you and also you miss quite a few basic concepts, pls try to learn thru Google search.

Regards,
Tayyab