Filesystems

my partner change the server's ip address and now i can't to mount the oracle's filesystem, what i do? i don't want to reinstall Unix. My unix is SCO UNIX 5.0.5

My filesystem type is HTFS. I done the exportfs and when try to remount the server write me the message "NO SUCH DEVICE OR ADDRESS (ERROR 6).

I assume we are talking NFS here. First thing to do is to re-export (exportfs) the NFS file system on the source server. Then try to remount it.

The filesystem is local and is HTFS and is on s.c.o. unix system. my /etc/exports only show
/dev/home1
/dev/datos
/dev/datos2
I add the /dev/datos, /dev/home1 lines.
what i do?

HTFS? I thought that was an OS/2 file system. Please confirm that both systems are UNIX systems. Also did you do the exportfs on the right system? Check the /etc/exports and see which options are used to export the file system, you may have to change IP addresses there (if used), then re-export again.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding here.
Can you please clarify...
Are you trying to mount a local or remote
filesystem? In other words, the system
that had the IP address changed, is it the
same system that you are working on or are you
trying to communicate with that system from
another (SCO) system? If the system is remote,
what OS is that system?

The file sytem is local. i want to mount it directly and the /etc/fstab file in my server don't exists.

It doesn't get any easier but... so you want to mount a *local* file system yes? If so do you want to mount it directly or through NFS? There is no point mounting it via NFS onto the same server unless you are running in some sort of cluster environment but I assume you are not. So you should be looking into /etc/fstab and not /etc/exports.

SCO uses /etc/mnttab not fstab.
Also, /etc/default/filesys contains the
default filesystem data. In all cases, SCO
system admin guide recommends using sysadmsh
to modify this information. You may want
to try adding a file system using sysadmsh.