File transfer from Windows to Solaris.

I have a file on my desktop which is windows based.
I make a telnet session with a Solaris machine that too with root access by using putty.
I want to transfer a file there on Solaris machine.
Is there a mean to transfer this file on solaris machine.
If now can it be known by using telnet session that which machines are connected to the Solaris machine and their IP details

you can use ssh secure client to transfer files form windows to any nix based system.

1 Like

HI thanks for reply Mack1982. But I am unable to make SSH connection to this system. So t terminal connection is only possible if first we make a SSH connection with this machine.
So kindly correct me if I am wrong and suggest me some other solution if I am right.

You need to figure out what is running on the Solaris server and use the subsequent client from your desktop. If ssh isn't running, is ftp? ssh is your best bet. You can use scp or sftp. If not, try ftp, although not very secure. But, then again... neither is your telnet session.
From your initial post, you only have telnet. If that is all you have and you can't or won't start up ssh, then.... it sounds like you're down to copy and paste.

You can use Winscp for transfering files from windows to solaris.

1 Like

winscp works seamlessly.