File transfer from Red Hat Linux to Windows 7

My assignment is to use C++ to generate a table of values for the U.S. standard atmosphere, when data at sea level are given, which i have done perfectly. Now, i am attempting to create a matlab script to read and plot the data.

I forgot to put my table of data on my thumb drive yesterday, and I'm not wanting to walk 15 mins to the linux lab to get it (sorry!). So, my question is...

How can i remotely transfer my file from the Linux server at my school to my windows 7 ultimate pc?

while in my dorm room, I use PuTTY to remotely connect. wget doesn't work. I am also unsure about how to ssh from my windows command prompt. I read online about some pscp command, but that doesn't work either!

Iowa State University
Ames, Ia, U.S.A.
Ganesh Rajagopalan
AerE 261

wget of course won't work unless your file is on a webpage...

Since you can ssh you can almost certainly scp. Since you didn't say what you did, I can't tell you why it didn't work, but here's how you use it:

pscp "username@host:/path/to/remote/file" "local_file"

like i said, i tried pscp.

windows cmd prompt says pscp isn't a recognized command.

---------- Post updated at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:16 PM ----------

nvm, i'm just gonna go there and get it

Do you even have pscp?

If not: You get it the same place you downloaded putty.

If you "have" it and it still doesn't work, you need to put it in your current directory for windows CMD to find it.

"didn't work" is the problem report of nightmares, utterly useless. If you'd said how it didn't work in the first place I could have helped you get the file before you lost your patience.

thank you! it works now :slight_smile: