File system restore

Hello,

I have a big trouble with SCO Open Server. After improper shutdown the file system has damaged. I can see the partitions as volume sizes with divvy command, but the labels are missing (boot, root, etc), so I can not address them when using fsck command. Is there any chance to restore the file system? There is very important information on the disk, but there is no backup...

-If you have a mirror configuration then you can do it with alternate disk.
-Other option would be, Use another harddrive and Install SCO open Server and Mount the importatnt Filesystems from the "Current Harddrive that is having issue with". You can use cp to transfer data from old Filesystems. Once done you can disconnect old harddrive. (Configuration files, Users, etc needs to be coped/configured back from old hdd.)

-Other Option:
You can install it Using the SCO Open Server CD using upgrade option, that will fix the root portion, remaining Filesystems need to be fsck�d and mounted later. Any configuration files needs to be restored from backup.

You can also just run divvy and rename the file systems. Just be sure not to mark any of the file systems as new.
You might also want to boot something like hdclone and duplicate the drive first.