File posting through FTP connection

Hi,
I am posting a file to a remote directory using FTP connect. Its a table that I am copying to an excel format, pasting that file to a server location and then taking that file from this location to copy it to the remote directoty location. The file gets copied successfully but while opening it "File is corrupt" message comes. I tried putting a test excel at the server location (thinking there might be any problem with the excel I am making out of the grid contents) but that is also not opening. If I copy a txt document that is opening. So some binary conversion related problem is there. Or any other information required. Pease let me know.
Thanks a lot,
Komal

did you set the transfermode to "bin"? anyway maybe you better use "scp" to transfer files between servers... it's more secure :wink:

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
I am using

ftp.setFileTransferMode(FTP.BINARY_FILE_TYPE);

where ftp is an :- FTPClient ftp = new FTPClient();

so the mode is binary..
Is there some problem with firewalls??
Please help..

i don't know what you are doing? do you transfer files via script?

hi

U can transfer file by using
# ftp ipno.
# bin
# mget filename
# mput filename
#bye

When u want open some file u need spl editors that could open only in Xwindow mode. Better use ftp as a file transfer only. For opening of files use telnet connection.

for user frndly we have gftp is available
#gftp
It will open a window to transfer files

pls tell me how to post a new Question in this forum. give the link or any button.

I am using java. FTPClient() for connection to remote directory, login, storing file, logoff and then disconnect.

Thanks Naresh.
I will try and let you know if it works.

After you complete the registration process, you can see a New Thread button at the start and end of the list stating the threads in the sub-heading.