file management in windows 2000 server

i am using windows 2000 server. my query is as follows:

there are 2 directories say c:\emp & c:\exe. DataBase (DB) files are there in emp folder and the executables are in exe folder. Now i want to share the exe folder to the clients. If i give read permission to the exe folder and no sharing for emp, the executables are not working and displays an error msg for want of DB files. I don't want the clients to view the DB files. if at all the directory is explored there should not be any listing of files.

replies are appreciated.

Raguram R

You could share the emp folder by making it world readable, but using a sharename ending in a dollar symbol (e.g. emp$). This will stop the share from listing in My Network Places or whatever redmond call it these days.

Cheers
ZB

Sometimes, windows comes with an anti hacker web server for sharing files over the web to other computers. If you go into administrative tools and find services, then click on network DDE. Double Click on it, and click the restart service button. If this does not work email me at computek@techemail.com and I will help you further.

Computek Support Forum:D :stuck_out_tongue:

computek, dont post your email address.

R E A D T H E R U L E S