Figuring out if Ubuntu will work (completely) with an Acer One (w/ AMD fusion chips)

Hi,

I am trying to buy a netbook with Ubuntu pre-installed. I have looked for hours and have not found anything. Calls to Dell, HP, Toshiba have confirmed them NOT selling Ubuntu preloaded laptops. This leads me to look for a netbook that can handle Ubuntu.

Getting to the point... I think I found a netbook that looks good. What I am trying to avoid through asking this question is having hardware compatibility issues with the netbook. The one that I have found is an Acer Aspire One which can be found @ http://amzn.to/iaD2PS

My questions are:
Will Ubuntu install on that particular laptop without causing any issues?
Are there drivers available for all the parts of the laptop?
How do I find out if that netbook will be completely supported?

Bonus question:
Is there a list of places where I can buy Ubuntu netbooks for cheap $200-$300?

Considering corporations treat preinstalled linux like the throwaway OS they put on no-OS computers(just dump it on, who cares if it supports half the hardware) it's probably for the best it didn't come preinstalled.

I don't know of a list of all possible computers and their Ubuntu compatibilities, no. Laptop models change so fast it's ridiculous, you'd be adding and obsoleting several related models a month if you tried to keep one.

What you might do is pick a netbook you like, then google "ubuntu netbook brand model etc etc" and see if anyone else tried.

There's probably guaranteed to be issues since it's hard to get stock anything running on half the notebooks and netbooks they sell. For Windows they do the dirty work of shoehorning the weird hardware into working for you, everyone else is left to clean up their mess unaided.

Perhaps you should read Acer Aspire One - Wikipedia.

I bought ACER aprison one two years ago and install dual OS (Windows XP and Debian 5). It looks all hardware works (include card reader). One strange thing is, the build in speaker don't work. The headphone works in Linux. Both works in Windows. I didn't figure out what happened.

Probably needs a hardware-specific driver tweak. Laptop hardware is weird. What tweak, and where to put it how, depends entirely on the laptop and the distro.