Fedora on Laptop No Longer Boots

Hi,

I'm a bit of a newbie, so please bare with me. I installed Fedora 10 on a Dell Latitude D610 a few weeks ago. The computer previously had Windows on it, but I wiped it clean. I've been trying out Fedora successfully for the past couple of weeks and I was able to use the computer as recently as last night.

When using it last night I was experimenting with OpenLDAP. Also, I let the computer install some updates that it prompted me to install. When I was done for the night I shutdown properly and all seemed well.

This morning the laptop will no longer boot up. I get the normal Dell (BIOS) screen but when it proceeds the screen goes black except for a blinking cursor. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do at this point.

I am able to use the Fedora install DVD to boot into recovery mode, but I'm not sure how to proceed with figuring out what's wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

---------- Post updated at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:49 PM ----------

Issue solved!

I used the install media and got to the command prompt. From there I tried (re) installing grub. That seemed to do the trick!

Thank you for your good manners in posting back to let people know your problem is solved.