Fedora 7

Hi all,
Have installed Fedora 7 at home on an oldish Acer 3500.
No sound and currently using what I think is a 15inch monitor (not entirely sure).

Anyways, was curious to know what others "do" on their home setups.
I've been more used to logging into work's HP-UX machines for the most part in recent years and I'm not entirely sure now what to do with this instance from home.

My primary work tool is a work laptop (WinXP SP2) and will still be in foreseeable future. Want to keep my hand in the UX OS (or some flavor) as works current UX contracts expire at the end of the month and there'll be no renewal.

Cheers,
Cameron :wink:

All my machines are setup headless with xdm and sshd enabled. I connect to them using either ssh or Xming from a Windows box.

Their main jobs are as compile hosts and act as a "portability lab".

I have fedora 7 installed as a virtual OS in my home PC, and it's a great tool for my daily job and its Unix capabilities; I'm currently posting from fedora's firefox.
My base OS is Win XP SP2. I have installed two great freeware utilities WinSCP and Putty on my Win XP, and through them I can access my fedora, ubuntu, BSD from Win XP.

Also, you can install it or other major flavors of Linux (Ubuntu, Suse, BSD...) on your work laptop as a virtual OS, (on top of your Win XP, if you're allowed though :confused:).

...So you got options...:slight_smile:

Good luck

It's not a case of being allowed, its a case of risk management. I'd crap myself if it all went south and something went wrong that needed attention on any of the Production systems & I didn't have the capacity to fix remotely.

I'd prefer to play that card when I go on holidays :wink: