fair downloads with flashget, reget etc.

I would like to shape multi-threaded downloaders (like flashget, reget etc.) but I don't want to make a limit on connections less then two (i.e. you download something from an ftp and want to browse this ftp at the same time). I found a pack of utilities - iproute2 and found a patch to linux kernel and iproute2 - esfq which allows to hash queues by destination ip (no matter how many packets are from an ip address - the key of decision is dest ip). But i can't compile it against 2.4.27 (I also tried 2.4.25/26? 2.6.7/8) kernel because these kernels lack RTNETLINK feature. I tried google and I looked through all docs I was able to find, tried some irc channels also, no solution is found yet. If there is anyone here who have ever faced the problem and has the solution please, help me. Perhaps, there is another way to solve the problem, wihtout iproute2 (but I definitely want to use Linux), please point me the way to dig. I simply want to give our ftp users a qualitive service. Thanks in advance :slight_smile: