failed login time limit

Hello, we had a situation where an account was locked out due to too many failed login attempts. From the logs (failedlogin, etc) it appears that AIX 'remembered' the failed login attempts from the past month or so. does anyone know where this is set, or how long it will remember the number of failed logins before reseting it upon a successful login? thanks

If you log in as root and go into smitty you can reset the failed logins or unlock an account. I was under the impression that it reset "failed logins" once you logged in successfully. Type smitty then select Security and Users then Users.

Yes, I can reset the user without a problem. I was just curious as to how long AIX help failed login attempts. I too was under the impression it was reset after each successful login, but I tested this by entering my password incorrectly 3 times, then entered it correctly. I then entered it again incorreclty 3 times and it locked my account (failed logins is set to 5). So it appears it at least holds the failed logins for 5 minutes or so (that is how long it took to me test).