Exporting or quering 2 issues

I need to export xlm files in a specific directory and insert them into an oracle table. I am new with unix.
I also need to export users from ldap

Where exactly did you get stuck? Doing such things you should be familiar with Oracle and SQL, maybe awk to parse the xml into SQL code (I bet there are tools already to do this) and also getting familiar with the command ldapsearch to extract user information from an LDAP server will be helpful. Maybe the LDAP server itself has an export function, where you can even select trunks of it's tree.

Edit:
Thought xlm is a typo - maybe there is a perl module for this.

By export ldap users do you mean create a list?

ldaplist passwd '*' >  ldap.txt

creates a file with usernames. You can use sqlldr to insert those username
from the file into an Oracle table.

xlm files are Windows Excel macro files. UNIX does not do Excel per se. You will have to
find an xlm -> text converter to make a text file on the PC. I personally do not know of one.
After you convert to text, you can use sqlldr to insert those values into a table

sqlldr requires two files: a data file, and a ctl (control file). The ctl file tells sqlldr how to load the table. Here is a start on using sqlldr:
SQL Loader Demo

:o

Heres the situation: I have a script that creates user.xml files and ldap accounts that runs nightly. The script copies xml files to a directory on the unix server. I want to get/copy/export whatever the best way is to get those xml files and date created and dump them into a oracle table.

The same with ldap accounts.