Expiring password notifications

I have a Solaris 10 server that notified one of my users/database administrators of another users account expiring within X amount of days. It attempted to email the user@ server.com, which failed and was forwarded from the mailer-daemon@ server.com, to the DBA. She's not listed as an alias for root. In addition, I didn't receive this same email and I'm included in all mail aliases. Any insight as to how the server would have forwarded this email to her, is greatly appreciated. I'm stumped.

EDIT:Other than "aliases," where else does Solaris store email addresses?

Solaris doesn't do much, but sendmail comes standard, if you are using sendmail then:
/etc/mail/aliases (as you found)
$HOME/.forward
$HOME/.procmailrc
/etc/.procmailrc
find / -type f -name "*procmail*"

Sendmail is crazily configurable, so also grep root, your usename and the dba in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf to see if some weird rule is in place.

edit:
If that doesn't get you to the bottom of it, try posting the relevant lines from your sendmail log showing the various username forwardings it does.

1 Like

Thanks for the assistance, Smiling. After reviewing the log, "etc/log/syslog," I found that it did send me an email along with the DBA. At that particular time, she was listed within the root aliases. Problem solved!