Executable takes indefinite time to search for shared library

Hi,

I have an executable that takes indefinitely long time to search for the libsendfile.so in particular solaris machines only. The library is actually in the /lib folder. Where as it works fine on few of the machines, it takes long time in few others.
I have checked crle options. Its the same for my problematic and the other working machines. crle shows default search path as /lib:/usr/lib in both.
When i used truss command i found that, in the machine where i have the problem , even ldd takes lots more time ,searching for libsendfile.so in some shared network folder which does not exist in it actually.
My question is why does it search in folders that do not exist before checking in /usr/lib or /lib folders ? Where as this does not happen in the other machines where the executable works fine.
What are the settings or copnfigurations that can be done to force the executable to look into /usr/lib or /lib ? As these are default searchpaths and are already set in ld.config, i dont find reasons why i should set them in LD_LIBRARY_PATH too.

Please provide your valuable feedbacks. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Somewhere on your problematic machines you have a runtime linking configuration file which includes references to one or more "shared network folders" which are probably NFS soft mounted. It will keep trying to access such "shared network folders" until NFS times out - hence the delay.