Examples of writing shell scripts for AIX, it's urgent

Please help me

1. Please give me the few examples of shell scripts written for AIX

2.I have scripts written on Unix, does that work for AIX, if not what are the changes to be carried out to run the scripts on AIX....

Please help me

well, AIX *is* UNIX so why wouldn't they work?

example...

---begin---

#!/bin/sh

echo Hello World!

---end---

It depends on what you are trying to do. Do you mean you have a data or information collection type script and want to run it on AIX? We would have to see the script.

It also depends on if you are using any library calls in the scripts as the position of the libs is different in AIX. Most of the comman stuff is in the same place however it is always a good practise to predefine the absolute path ie /usr/bin/ls in the definitions section of any script. A last point is AIX default shell is KSH this means all others BSH SH etc will work but CSH scripts might have problems.

Sorry for late response, actually this work was kept on hold for some time..

Now i am coming to actual point,
I am new to Unix and now the work is given to me..
Previosely the scripts were written for password ageing and is working fine. Here we were using the standard unix protocols, but it is now asked to impliment the same using IBM protocols.

"authentication and identification" of passwords need to use IBM protocols and not the "standard" Unix protocols. Essentially, the "UNIX" script will need to be revised to be an "AIX" script.

I dont know what are IBM protocols, and how does this diff from unix. If any one know how to impliment this, please let me know. I woluld be a very thankful.

If any further details needed please let me know.. :slight_smile: