Error: SQL3100W while export in DB2

Problem has been resolved

Well if the record value is greater than the field size, its certainly not a shell issue but more a DB issue...
I see no other alternative but to do a query to delete the record (or correct it...).
How did it get there in the first place?

Record value is not greater than the field size.
In fact there is no data in that field but the length of that field is greater than 254 char (VARCHAR 255). This is causing the issue.

Try to select first 254 char from that column and rest of column as it is.

substr(PRST_ERR_MSG_TXT,1,254) 

It is still a DB2 message not shell...
Here:
Web-Based SLM Reports

You are saved by the look of things:

as if you believe IBM, its just a warning...

This is not possible as the script is a generic script. We cannot use that logic because the table name keeps on changing every time we execute that script. Currently this script was used for this table (mentioned in the post). Next time same script will be used for another table which may or may not have a field having length greater than 254 char.

11/06/10   21:51:01 ANS1802E Incremental backup of '/opt' finished with 1 failure

Dont you (ustechie that is) find similarities in message code format? with this other IBM product?
If you know better than the manufacturer, why post here?
Something else:

zra:/home/vbe $ titi
/usr/bin/ksh: titi:  not found
zra:/home/vbe $ ls -VT
ls: illegal option -- V
ls: illegal option -- T
usage: ls -1ARadeCxmnlogrtucpFLbqisf [files]

First case : shell message
second : command message
So once the shell executes the command and succeeds (the command is found and running) whatever message you get from that point is from the command (or program or...)...
No comment...

I am sorry.....I didnt get this.......
was it for me? I can not relate it with my posts.......