Error Remote X-Manager and KVM

Hi guys,

I have a problem at KVM and remote X-manager.

I have 2 server IBM with OS AIX 6.1,
If I login user root at KVM and remote X-manager
Server 1 and Server 2,
there is a difference..
see attach me,

Have a Idea guys..

best regard

check the .profile in root's home directory

I dont know your mens bro?

Having said this: one server uses CDE (common desktop environment), the other doesn't. You can switch this by smitty dtlogin .

I hope this helps.

bakunin

The other cause I often saw with DTLOGIN failure (actually a CDE desktop session that is not starting properly) was a faulty name server resolution.

For the CDE sessions to start correctly it is important that /etc/hosts has both localhost and the hostname included. If either of these are missing you may get the error message you are seeing.

Way back when (I have not used CDE actively since 2002) I got in the habit of adding the line

hosts=local4,bind4

to /etc/netsvc.conf to prevent issues arising from faulty/out-of-date DNS servers.

There is a way to restart the dtsession daemon (that I have forgotten) - so you don't have to do this - BUT the easy way, once /etc/hosts is verified and /etc/netsvc.conf is configured to modify the default hostname/IP address lookup (bind is first by default, and I am ignoring NIS in this - as I consider that a non-enity these days) is - much as I hate to say it - reboot !