Error on my Linux terminal

Hi,
I keep on getting the following error on my linux terminal. It did not harm my system so far, but I was wondering if this can be eliminated.
{
Gecko:4617): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1337 (g_object_unref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(Gecko:4617): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1337 (g_object_unref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(Gecko:4617): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1337 (g_object_unref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

} keep on repeating....
when I press "return", system come back to the prompt as normal. Can somebody help..? thanks in advance.

These are warnings from the Gecko HTML rendering library; probably you are running Firefox (or another Mozilla product) in the background, and it's doing funky stuff with some X11 objects. The warnings as such are harmless and not altogether unusual (in my experience -- Ubuntu and Debian mainly). To avoid distraction, simply don't run the browser from that particular terminal session. Starting it from the system menu causes those warnings to end up in your $HOME/.xsession-errors instead of in a terminal (for better or for worse). Or, you could start it with redirection, so the warnings are discarded (redirect to /dev/null) or sent to a file instead of standard error.

firefox 2>/tmp/firefox-errors.out &

If you are not scared of developer tools, you might be able to find what component is printing these warnings, and (file a bug and) recompile it with the warnings turned off.

thank you era.. I shall try that come back if that does not help...