Error : fatal: record too large

while running a script to process a file , it ended in termination . I able to find from the logs that it ended due to the error : fatal: record too large 20480 . Then I tried lots to fix the issue and left in vain . Can any one help me in finding reason for it ? . If you provide me a solution , I would feel extremely happy .

And also when I tried to do a command on the file YEARMONBUZ_08-12 , it ended in resulting in 0 records and it took more time . I totally surprised of it .

~SAKTHIFIRE

First off, this is the AIX part, not the Shell programming and scripting part of the forum. From what you have told us by now, this has nothing to do with AIX, yes?

Secondly, how shall we find out the error when we do not know your script? Please post it, along with a detailed explanation of what has gone wrong. Which program issued the error you described?

Thirdly, you mention some logs. Which logs? Where have you been looking and what have you found out so far?

You have tried "lots to fix the issue and left in vain". Which were these tries? What have they resulted in?

We can only help you if you give us enough information to do so. Right now the info is far from being complete.

I hope this helps.

bakunin