Error compile NFS

Tryng to compile nfs-utils to latest packages but..

make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/nfs-utils-1.2.8/utils/gssd'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -Wall -Wextra -Wstrict-prototypes  -pipe -O2 -fPIC  -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/kerberos/include -O2 -fPIC  -ltirpc  -o gssd gssd-context.o gssd-context_mit.o gssd-context_heimdal.o gssd-context_lucid.o gssd-gss_util.o gssd-gss_oids.o gssd-err_util.o gssd-gssd.o gssd-gssd_main_loop.o gssd-gssd_proc.o gssd-krb5_util.o ../../support/nfs/libnfs.a  -L/usr/kerberos/lib -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/kerberos/lib -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -L/usr/kerberos/lib -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/kerberos/lib -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err 
libtool: link: gcc -Wall -Wextra -Wstrict-prototypes -pipe -O2 -fPIC -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/kerberos/include -O2 -fPIC -o gssd gssd-context.o gssd-context_mit.o gssd-context_heimdal.o gssd-context_lucid.o gssd-gss_util.o gssd-gss_oids.o gssd-err_util.o gssd-gssd.o gssd-gssd_main_loop.o gssd-gssd_proc.o gssd-krb5_util.o -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/kerberos/lib -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/kerberos/lib  /usr/lib64/libtirpc.so /usr/lib64/libgssglue.so -lnsl -lpthread /usr/lib64/libgssapi.so /usr/lib64/libheimntlm.so ../../support/nfs/libnfs.a -L/usr/kerberos/lib -lgssapi_krb5 /usr/lib64/libkrb5.so /usr/lib64/libheimbase.so /usr/lib64/libhx509.so /usr/lib64/libwind.so /usr/lib64/libheimsqlite.so /usr/lib64/libhcrypto.so /usr/lib64/libasn1.so /usr/lib64/libroken.so -lcrypt -ldl -lresolv -lk5crypto -lcom_err -pthread
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-slackware-linux/4.7.1/../../../../x86_64-slackware-linux/bin/ld: warning: libcom_err.so.2, needed by /usr/lib64/libtirpc.so, may conflict with libcom_err.so.3
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-slackware-linux/4.7.1/../../../../x86_64-slackware-linux/bin/ld: warning: libkrb5.so.3, needed by /usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so, may conflict with libkrb5.so.26
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-slackware-linux/4.7.1/../../../../x86_64-slackware-linux/bin/ld: gssd-krb5_util.o: undefined reference to symbol 'krb5_free_keytab_entry_contents@@krb5_3_MIT'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-slackware-linux/4.7.1/../../../../x86_64-slackware-linux/bin/ld: note: 'krb5_free_keytab_entry_contents@@krb5_3_MIT' is defined in DSO /usr/kerberos/lib/libkrb5.so.3 so try adding it to the linker command line

How to add to command line?
I have tried LDFLAGS="-libkrb5" but doesn't work

It does not like your libraries, wrong version? It sounds like you need newer NFS. since it is referencing older lib versions.

Kerberos and nfs are latest

It reads like /somewhere/lib/xxxxx.so.3 is symlinked to /somewhere/lib/xxxxx.so but the code expects xxxxx.so.5, so you may need to remove some sym links and add sym links to the highest numbers.

I am assuming Kerberos and NFS were at these latest when their builds were last created. You might need to back the newer one down, presumably Kerberos since NFS is the user-app of Kerberos, not vice-versa.

1 Like

Yes,it is.
Thanks