equivalent prtdiag and prtconf command

I have a very old sunOS 4.xx server on a SPARCstation 5. What is the command , if any, that is similar to prtdiag and prtconf?

Thanks

None that I remember but it matters what you are looking for as far as information.

Try psrinfo or sysdef - don't know if they were part of old SunOS or not.

Hi RTM,

I'm gathering the system configuration for my site servers and creating a web page that shows the information for a specific group of users/supervisors. Here is a prtdiag example that I am looking for:

berry# ./prtdiag
System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Fire V100 (UltraSPARC-IIe 500MHz)
System clock frequency: 100 MHz
Memory size: 512 Megabytes

========================= CPUs =========================

Run   Ecache   CPU    CPU                                   

Brd CPU Module MHz MB Impl. Mask
--- --- ------- ----- ------ ------ ----
0 0 0 500 0.2 13 1.4

========================= IO Cards =========================

Does SunOS 4.xx have a similar command? I tried psrinfo and sysdef, but both came back as "Command not found".

Thanks for the effort, but I think we can close this thread. I don't want anyone to burn any brain cells scouring the nooks and crannies of their brain trying to recall if such a command exists.

BUT...if someone does know the answer for sure, off the tops of their heads, then a hearty pre-THANKS is in order. :smiley:

About the best I can do for you is this link to 4.x commands versus 5.x
4.x 5.x Administrative Command Differences

Thanks for the link. The closest command in 4.xx is "devinfo" to 5.xx "prtconf". I will most likely have to skip this server's configuration sheet. Oh well...

Thanks for all your efforts, RTM!