Email with Attachment

Hi,
I have .ksh file which internally calls a .sql file. This sql file writes a file with the result. I am using the following command to send email with the result file as attachment

uuencode file.txt file.txt | mail -s "Subject" abc@abc.com.

When i run the .ksh file i get a message you have mail in /usr/spool/mail/<userid> but i donot recieve the email in my lotus notes mailbox.

Please help me out in resolving this issue.

Thanks in Advance.
-Piyush.

What is in your local mbox? Maybe there is an error message to see why it doesn't get sent to your mail account.
Can you send a mail just from the command line to your account? If not, maybe something with your mail routing is wrong.

The local mail box is Lotus Notes.
When i send message without attachment i receive it.

-Piyush

If you send such a mail with and without attachment to a unix account on that machine, what do you receive in it's mbox? Are both mails received? Just to check out if your unix mailing has problems, or if it is more likely your Lotus Notes might have a problem with the mail+attachment.

From what you describe, why would your own your unix box see a message of incoming mail? I would think that you would have a unique email address for your Lotus Notes account; and that would be where you would send the email.

i am not sending the email to my unix mbox. I am trying to send from unix to Lotus notes mail box.