email from root sent my passord in plain text.

Root emailed me this message and thats ok it is supposed to. The thing that concerns me is that the ADMIN password came in plain text. I Xed it out for the purpose of this message of course.
Is there a way for me to set this so the password comes encrypted? OR is not included at all in the message?
I have my exchange set up as a group so there are some people in the group that I don't want ot know the password.
Thanks
Dave

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 12:58 PM
To: XXXXXX@XXXXXX.com
Subject: ERROR: FTP Problem on RxServer or UNIX box

UNIX Login: Date: Fri May 21 12:57:19 CDT 2004
FTPing: /test/rd/tmp/rxs_66802.tmp TO File: /poll/rxs_66802.po RxServer IP: 172.16.1.44 User:administrator Password:XXXXXXX 5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss FTP Failed

what are you using to generate and send those emails?

There must be script that when a ftp fails it sends a message to root@XXX.com and root@XXX.com uses sendmail to it to
user@XXX.com
I was diggin around for the script that sends the error to root@anwho.com but I haven't found it. Not sure where to look.
Thanks
Dave

It is sendmail I am using

well it is an email that is sent automatically when you get an ftp error right? so something ( a script or whatever ) is watching the ftp error log, then when an error pops up itll generate the email and send it to you.

yes, you are using sendmail to do the actual delivering of the mail, but something is generating the email itself. i wasnt aware sendmail could be set up to do this on its own. if it is a feature send mail has, then check the sendmail documentation.