Dual booting Linux and Solaris

Ok, so I'm a bit new to the whole Unix/Linux thing, but I'm no stranger to dual booting...

However, the problem that I am having is that I am unable to create a dual boot with Unix (in this case I's using Sun Solaris 9.0 x86) and for linux either RH 9 or Mandrake 9.1, but for the purpose of just getting it to work, I've been doing RH9

I'll breifly explain what I have tried and then any help/insights will be greatly appreicated!

Firstly, I have a 20Gb drive, so I have plently of space to work with on this... Next, I have tried two different approaches to this, I have tried both installing RH9 first, and then Solaris 9. That didn't work, so I tried installing Solaris 9 then RH9. No luck so far.

Two other tools I'm using in this process are Partition Magic 8 and Ranish. I boot up Ranish and it tells me that the different partitions have an "Inconsistant overlap", in red letters for both trys. I tried using Partition Magic this time, to create three empty partitions on the hard drive, one that is used to install the swap and what not, because Solaris likes to put that slice at the beginning of the drive, and the other two empty to install RH and Solaris.

The installiation of RH went perfect, and I was able to see it in partmagic and ranish without problems, no more inconsistance in the partition table, and I was able to see the empty space in the Solaris install. I then installed the Solaris. It seemed like everything was fine, it went through the entire install and looked like everything was going to work. Then when the machine rebooted, it didn't boot into either OS's, but instead gave me a screen with a "bad pbr" error.. Or atleast I'm pretty sure thats what it said.

A friend and I have been trying to get this to work for about a week now, and we are out of ideas... Ofcourse neither of us are experts in Unix/Linux, so I ask... Does anyone here have any ideas, or possible solutions?

Thanks in advance

I haven't tried it but here is someone who says that they have...

from sunmanagers.com (seems SUN thinks it must be first!)