DS8K drivers

Hi,

We have all our servers connected to IBM DS8k via SVC. Some servers have SDD drivers and some have SDDPCM drivers. Now we have 2 servers one is physical other is IVM server, which dosen't have these drivers installed on them. They bothe are in production. Now we need to installe these drivers. So which drivers I have to install SDD or SDDPCM and what is the procedure, means do I need to exportvg and import again.

Thanks
vjm

On an AIX server, you need to have installed either the SDD or SDDPCM file sets for the DS8000 volumes, You cannot have both installed on one server.
So either go with SDD or SDDPCM
For exporting and importing volume groups procedures have a look
here and here

Note: if the volume has an active paging space this must be turned off before

yes we need to install one of them, but for IVM which one to be install and as they are live I need the procedure, or it just make vary off volume group, export it and remove pvs install drivers and import volume group.

And for IVM is there anything other than this needs to be done.

Regards,

VJM

hi,

you need the fcp mpio drivers + sddpcm61 for vio 2.x, or the 53 version for 1.x

/home/padmin--#: lslpp -l | grep -i sddpcm
  devices.sddpcm.61.rte      2.2.0.4  COMMITTED  IBM SDD PCM for AIX V61
  devices.sddpcm.61.rte      2.2.0.4  COMMITTED  IBM SDD PCM for AIX V61
/home/padmin--#: lslpp -l | grep -i mpio  
  devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte
                            6.1.6.15  APPLIED    MPIO Disk Path Control Module
  devices.fcp.disk.ibm.mpio.rte
                            1.0.0.21  COMMITTED  IBM MPIO FCP Disk Device
  devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte
                            6.1.6.15  APPLIED    MPIO Disk Path Control Module

Hi,

We have 53 version for 1.x install on JS22 server (IVM). We have 6 luns attached to it. one lun is for client os and other LUNs are mapped to client via vscsi. We have 2 clients created on this servers. This is all done without SDDPCM drivers and now we want to install SDDPCM drivers on IVM server.

What procedure I have to follow.

Thanks

well I would do it this way:

write down the whole mapping with the ID from 8k system, in case the luns come in a new order

hdiskx vtdname id from 8xxx vhostx

for each disk

shut down the lpars, install the drivers, reboot vio, check mapping with your list, start lpars

if you experience problems, ask again

I would write a script for the mapping, but with 6 luns this should not be necessary

Hi,

We have installed the sddpcm drivers and mappings remain same, so we havent any issue. If we have installed sdd drivers then may be we need to export vg and import it, as sdd drivers would show vpath0 and vpath1

By the way thanks for your prompt reply.

Regards,

VJM