Dos shell

Dear all, I am trying to write a unix shell with C++ that is similar to Windows command line. I planned to call it Dosh (DOS-sHell).That means you can directly run dos or win32 console programs with it. It will be distributed according to the license g GPL. Any advice? (This is my first c++ program other than hello world)
I will post the link later for downloading an Alpha version.

Good. I have a question? Will it run on an enviornment like cygwin or on UNIX? how you are planning to handle COM or DLL calls?

Do you want to write a UNIX-like shell for Windows? In that case, Korn Shell and Bo(u)rne Again Shell are available for Windows.
Or do you want to write a command.com/cmd.exe -like interpreter for UNIX? Because I can't think of anyone scripting on UNIX missing the "syntax" of that.

Or do you, which I think more possible, want to write a tool for UNIX that behaves similar to command.com/cmd.exe, and also has the ability to run DOS/Win32 programs? In that case you might want to take a look at Wine for your emulation layer, since UNIX and Windows are not binary compatible.

But I do already like your proposed name (especially the casing), as that's what cmd.exe always felt like to me.

Everyone, that's really tricky for a newbie to C++.
I think I will make a basic shell on linux, but no win32 compatibility yet.
For example, if i type "del a.bin" into the shell, it will run "rm ./a.bin" for u.