dont understand

i'm trying to learn unix and i posted a question and what i was typing from school. i can't figure it out. how am i supposed to learn , when i get shutdown by an admin. for posting a homework question. doesn't make any sense. its a dumb rule. thanks for helping

You need to understand this isn't a tutor class..there are lots of tutorials available on unix scripting u should try them :slight_smile:

I closed the thread as it is a direct breach of our rules, which clearly state that homework and assignment-type questions are not permitted.

If you are having problems solving a homework assignment, you should ask your tutor for assistance - that is what they are paid for, and is the reason for their being.

Thanks
ZB

Well yes..... There are to many unnecessary rules :stuck_out_tongue:

The rules are in place for a reason. Do you notice the high quality of technical posts and information shared via these forums? This is due to the great moderation/administration team and the work that we all do enforcing the rules, and keeping the forums in good order.

You must understand that we are not peoples college tutors, we do the work that we do ("we" includes all of the other posters) because we enjoy helping, assisting and learning new techniques. Why should we complete peoples homework assignments for them?

It is my personal opinion that if people cannot complete their own assignments (with the resources available to them just by searching these forums, Google, asking their peers, tutors, etc), then maybe they should not be attending the courses for which they're enrolled. My two cents.

The rules are not unreasonable. Do you think that respecting other posters, avoiding flame wars, keeping the forums unbiased, etc., is unreasonable?

Thanks
ZB