Does Anyone has installed open solaris on a its own hardaware as Pentium or Celeron ?

Does Anyone has installed open solaris on a its own hardaware as Pentium or Celeron ? If yes, how it is working? does it needs further drivers?

Thank you and greetings from Italy ? :smiley:

• yes
  • very well
  • depends on your hardware

hth,
DN2

Thanks for your kind info.

I have gotten a Pentium III I Gmb and a 80 Gbites hard disk , do you think that it is enough or should i use a more powerful one?:confused:

it also depends... what are you going to to with this mashine? is it a desktop or a server? will you install db? what kind of db? any other software? and so on...

The hard disk was formatted, and the main and unique hard disk is empty it has not any software and it is a desktop.i tried to install Opensolaris by virtual box on my OS mac Intel but a warning message from Kernel Unix suggested me to shutdown application so i chose to install Opensolaris onto this desktop PC.

How much RAM does your box have ?

What version of Solaris do you plan to install : OpenSolaris 2008.05 or Solaris Express or something else based on OpenSolaris code ?

Milax , dubbed Damn Small Opensolaris, is an OpenSolaris distribution designed to install on low spec hardware, � la Damn Small Linux.

My Virtual Box has got 1Giga of ram.I am planning to install OS 2008.05 but my Mac intel does not allow me to install Open solaris so i chose to install it onto a formatted Pentium III with 1giga ram

Thank you

I wasn't asking about virtual box but about RAM installed on your Pentium III powered PC.

Ok, sorry if i was not correct.
My Pentium III povered PC has gotten 1 Giga of RAM and its hard disk ( 100 Giga) was totally formatted.
Thank you and take care
Sergio