Do you think notification for "thanks" should be there?

I am not sure if it's implemented or not but I couldn't find at least in "edit options" under profile.

Do you think we should have a configurable option (just like other notifications) to notify when a person says "thanks" to you i.e clicking on the "thanks" button?

Hi.

(Neo will know better but...) I don't recall notification as one of the features.

You can check your profile, under Statistics, to see all posts that you've been thanked for.

There should also be an option in the Search drop-down to "Find all thanked posts".

Notification is not a current feature, but users can easily see what posts they were "thanked" on in the statistics page of the user profile.

I don't object to adding the feature of a PM notification option, if enough people think it is really important.

It doesn't really matter to me whether or not I get notified.

Seems like "thanks notification" matters very little to most people at this point in the poll. Unless we get a huge demand for it; it is unlikely we will mod the code to add this feature.

FYI, one of the next projects on our todo list is GeoDNS and setting up an additional server in the US, and using GeoDNS to direct users from various geographic areas to a server in their area (continent).

I planned to kick this off a few weeks ago, but have been busy diving shipwrecks this summer, and another admin has been "under the weather" with an nagging infection, so I put the GeoDNS project on the back burner for now.

Instead of having thanks reply .. Only thanks flag can be checked.

When there is a word thank in the reply, you can ask the user to click on thanks, instead of posting a thanks post. Just a thought...

We have that already....

Do you see the "Thanks Button"?

Being interrupted PM-style every time someone thanks me would eventually make me wish they didn't bother. Right now it's unobtrusive, and should stay that way IMHO.

I agree, but perhaps notification e-mail style like when someone posts to a subscribed thread could be useful. Naturally one should be able to select whether one wants this or not like is the case with posting in subscribed threads...