Do you read books with an ebook reader?

I bought a Sony PRS-650 Reader to read books and I'm loving it.

For one thing, there are zillions of free books in epub format available for download for free. Many of them are out of print, so you would have to pay a high price to get a printed copy. Most current releases have to be paid for, of course, and there is the DRM hassle, which is a double hassle for Linux users.

But all in all it's great.

Is anybody else enjoying the modern era?

Yes. But I read ebooks on my computer. I learn by ebooks. Because it is really easy to find a electronic version other than going to buy a hard copy.

I have a kindle and I like it a lot.

Thread about kindles: Do You Own a Kindle?

I sold my kindle but now use the kindle app on my android tablet. The kindle is more comfortable to read, but the backlight on the tablet is great for at night.

Reading ebooks on my android smartphone, so strictly speaking: yes.

Yes, i mostly prefer to read ebooks.

Yes, preferably it is a good option for me.That makes the process simple to me and contributes much to my efforts to move through my professional activities. Considering the use of ebooks in maintaining my blog works related to essay company reviews, i can say one choose the option freely. And also it depends on different persons interests and needs, one can get it acceptable, but for some others it is not.

I am currently reading a book using the Samsung Galaxy Tab. So far it has been a good experience.

I went shopping for an ebook reader yesterday I just wanted something simple with e-ink technology and built in wifi for internet access Since they don't sell kindle here I went for the next best thing, something called keyreader(greyscale) with everything I wanted including free download and access to large collection of ebooks at our public library. The price tag quoted to me was $430

I think for less than $350 these days I can get an multi function android tablet that probably comes with ebook app but tablets use tfp displays not e-ink technology.

I'm at a loss what I should do?

Why do you want that?

It seems like that would only be an advantage if you read really, really fast and practically non-stop, or you don't have a computer with internet access.

I download to my Sony Reader via a USB cable from my PC. There is no difficulty, in fact, my problem is that I acquire good stuff to read at a faster rate than I read. And I'm sure that finding books with my browser on a PC is a better experience than trying to browse on the small screen--especially if I were limited to one company. I like to scan multiple web sites.

My kindle has wi-fi and I would not be pleased if it didn't. I wish everything had wi-fi. My TV and my Blu-ray player and the last things that still need network cables. I am considering my options for wi-fi adaptors for them. I do read rather fast but if I were to slow down I doubt that I would grow to love ethernet cables running around my apartment. Wi-Fi is fast enough for HD video with 5.1 surround sound. I watch a lot of movies that way. I look forward to the day that I throw out all of my ethernet cables. My TV is 148 lbs and I still don't like that ethernet cable. There is no way that I would tolerate a cabled kindle. The whole kindle vibe is based on portability.

As for the user interface, on my laptop (wi-fi) I browse Amazon looking for books I might like. When I see one I send a free sample chapter to my kindle (or schedule it actually). At some point I pick up the kindle, turn it on receive my samples and start to read them. Sometimes they suck and I delete the samples. But if I liked the sample chapter, it's just a very few clicks to buy it and get it on my kindle. I really don't want to go get my laptop, fire it up, plug in my kindle, etc. As things now stand, I can continue reading past the sample chapter in just a few seconds.

There are also daily publications available for the kindle on a subscription basis. I don't subscribe to any. If I subscribed to a newspaper I would want it as soon as it was available. But I wouldn't want my kindle tethered to a computer.

Thinking I'm going to have to try one out, only thing stopping me was I worried it would bother my eyes.

I have the first Kindle and love it. I now prefer ebooks wherever they are available. A shame (and kind of ironic) that there's still a lack of IT texts on Kindle/Apple stores.

There are many other sites which are offering discounts and many other coupon there.But the most important thing is to know the best store there.

I love to read books and that is why i use e-books for the downloading,purchasing and reading the new books.

I got the newest gen Kindle for Christmas and I have fallen in love with it. I never thought I would see the say I used an e-reader.