Do I need to add a route??

I have two networks connected by cisco routers. My first subnet is 192.168.0.0 and my second is 192.168.1.0.

My SCO unix machine is on the 192.168.1.0 subnet with an IP of 192.168.1.231. It can see the entire .1.0 subnet but nothing on the other network.

My cicso router(gateway) to the other network is 192.168.1.233.

My windows machines all see right over the gateway to the other side the the unix machine does not.. It said no route i believe.

Can anyone help me see the other network?

Thanks,
-Aaron

I got it...

route add 192.168.1.0 192.168.1.233

But how to I save that?? When I reboot its gone.

-Aaron

Woops... I meant to say

route add 192.168.0.0 192.168.1.233

you could write it in one of your startscripts....

gP

In FreeBSD, you can add in /etc/default/rc.conf

Yeah.. I found that the routes I added are gone this morning after I restarted the machine. I'm using SCO 5... What would my startup files be called? How can I find out what files are being loaded on startup?

And also is there already a file with the default routes in it that I can add this route to?

Thanks,
-Aaron

Im not familiar with SCO, but ussually the file being loaded in linux is in the /etc/rc.d/init.d, in FBSD in /etc/, /usr/local/etc/rc.d/, in that directory the script will automaticly read and execute the script. maybe you should read the manual of SCO.

As far as i know, if you create rc.local in /etc, that script will automatic execute after system booting.

CMIIW