Dlink Dwl-g630 Wireless card

Hello,

I'm extremely new to Linux. I've been a windows admin for years stupid me, should have got into Linux way back. So now playing catch up. I was hoping someone could help me get started. I've been online reading but getting confused a lot of info and very different from windows.

I have several wifi cards I could use but I�m trying the Dwl-g630 Wireless card on Linux 7.3 It doesn't work. I'm sure after someone provides me with the steps I'll have a better understanding of how installation works. All that I have read online doesn't work or make any sense.

How do you install drivers if Linux's doesn't recognize it? In short if you have paths such as /home/desktop what�s all this mean? Does it mean that anything you do in Linux requires you to type in path�s? Thanks in advance.
I�m going to be buy a linux book can anyone recommend the best and easiest one out there?

FYI. I have read many wifi posts on here and I do know that the Linux supports many drivers for there OS. Didn't know if there was something I needed to do to get this to work.