disks - Sun Enterprise 220R and SF 280R

Hi,

I have SE 220R with 2 disks mirrored using SVM and running OS - solaris 9.

Because of performance issues on 220R I'd like to move the OS/application data to SF 280R. Having found that SF280R will only support Fiber channel disks, I am now wondering how to move complete data from SCSI disks on 220R to 280R's FC disks, although the disks on 2 systems are of same size.

The application is not easy to configure so I do not want to do everything from scratch and application also does not support solaris 10 sowe have to use solaris 9.

Any idea how we can do this easily?

Thank you!:b:

take a flash archive on the 220. Transfer it to a filesystem on 280 via usb drive or scp. init 0 the 280 machine. boot cdrom (OS dvd). follow the screens and select flash installation. this would actually "clone" the same image which you have on the 220. It will take about 10mins for installtion. You're done

First of all thank you again! :b:

Oh, and I how did I miss on flar! I did not know it is possible in Solaris 9 also? Any idea what packages will I need on solaris 9 to make flar* commands available for the solaris 9 system?

I will need to unmirror the drives on 220R before I create flar, correct?

Btw, I did not get email when this topic got updated, is there anyone I can inform? I had already set up for immediate notification!

EDIT -

I searched on Google and found this link http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail/summaries/2005-September/006763.html

I am going to try your method soon. Thank you.

You need not unmirror to create the flar.