disabling arp messages on unix

good morning everybody,

since we replaced our router / gateway with two routers, which do load balancing (have 2 ip's and 2 mac's but come on the LAN as 1 ip-address), my freebsd's 4.8 clients keep notifying the users that the arp for that ip address have moved from mac1 to mac2, which is correct but is really annoying, i don't want to disable the arp protocol, but i'd like to disable the messaging.

how can i do this, i've did a lot of searching and didn't find anything except how to disable it.

message looks like this:

Jun 7 05:42:33 <computername> /kernel: arp: <IPaddress> moved from <mac1> to <mac2> on xl0

and vice versa

thnx for your reply

nvm guys,

i found a solution, i remapped all my messages that go to /dev/console to /dev/ttyv7
in /etc/syslog.conf

a console the user never uses.

so thnx anyway

Hi,

but with redirecting all console messages you will also miss all important kernel messages ...
Are you sure you want this ?

regards
malcom

of course it's not the ideal solution but our bsd's only serve as clients to let the users open a tn5250 emulator sessions to our as400. On the bsd also run lpd daemon, further than that they don't need it, so if something goes wrong, they simply reboot the pc.

Of course, if something is happening that is not normal, we can always go to ttyv7 and take a look at the messages.

greetz