Disable Solaris Gnome 3 screen blanker

One of the more annoying features of the Gnome 3 desktop in Solaris 11 is its insistence on blanking the screen after five minutes of inactivity. And for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it top doing that. I'm running it in a VNC viewer so the host PC can take care of screen blanking.

I tried the Dconf Editor going to org -> gnome -> settings-daemon -> plugins -> power and unchecked "idle-dim". sleep-inactive-ac-timeout was already et to 0.

I tried org -> desktop -> applications -> lockdown -> check "disable-lock-screen".

I tried exiting the vnc viewer and strarting a new vnc server. But none of this works. The screen still blanks after five minutes. There's plenty of stuff on the web on how to do this in Linux and indeed I was able to do it in a Ubuntu VM running Gnome 3 but I just can't get it to work in Solaris 11. What am I missing here?

UPDATE

There's something about posting a question in public that causes the answer to come to you. In this case here is what to do.

Run the DConf Editor (Top menu Applications-> System Tools -> dconf editor) and go to org -> gnome -> desktop -> session and set "idle-delay" to 0. The screen will no longer blank out. No reboot needed. I'll leave this topic up because AFAIK this is the only place on the web that has this secret,

1 Like

Hi Michele31416...

Thanks for updating your post with the answer...