Different set key multiplot gnuplot

Hello everybody,

I am using Windows 10. I need to plot several graphs simultaneously with Gnuplot. The script is:

GNUTERM = "wxt"
set terminal wxt
set termoption enhanced
set encoding iso_8859_1
set multiplot layout 2,3
set xtics out
set ytics out
set xtics nomirror
set ytics nomirror
set xzeroaxis linetype 2 linewidth 1.5
show xzeroaxis
# Graph1
set xrange [3.3:9.0]
set yrange [-0.1:1.10]
set key top right
set title "Title 1"
set xlabel "x"
set ylabel "y"
plot \
"results_1.dat" u 1:2:4 title "exp." with e pointtype 9 pointsize 0.5 linecolor rgb "red" , \
"results_1.dat" u 1:3 title "fit." with line linecolor rgb "black" linewidth 2 dashtype 2 smooth bezier
# Graph2
set key top right
set title "Title 2"
set xlabel "x"
set ylabel "y"
plot \
"results_2.dat" u 1:2:4 title "exp." with e pointtype 9 pointsize 0.5 linecolor rgb "blue", \
"results_2.dat" u 1:3 title "fit." with line linecolor rgb "black" linewidth 2 dashtype 2 smooth bezier
# Graph3
set key top right
set title "Title 3"
set xlabel "x"
set ylabel "y
plot \
"results_3.dat" u 1:2:4 title "exp." with e pointtype 9 linecolor rgb "red", \
"results_3.dat" u 1:3 title "fit." with line linecolor rgb "black" linewidth 2 dashtype 2 smooth bezier
# Graph4
set key top right
set title "Title 4"
set xlabel "x"
set ylabel "y"
plot \
"results_4.dat" u 1:2:4 title "exp." with e pointtype 9 linecolor rgb "red", \
"results_4.dat" u 1:3 title "fit." with line linecolor rgb "black" linewidth 2 dashtype 2 smooth bezier
# Graph5
set key top right
set title "Title 5"
set xlabel "x"
set ylabel "y"
plot \
"results_5.dat" u 1:2:4 title "exp." with e pointtype 9 linecolor rgb "red", \
"results_5.dat" u 1:3 title "fit." with line linecolor rgb "black" linewidth 2 dashtype 2 smooth bezier
# Graph6
set xrange [2.5:9.5]
set key outside maxcols 1
set title "Title 6"
set xlabel "x"
set ylabel "y"
plot \
"results_6.dat" u 1:2:(0.1) title "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" with circles linecolor rgb "red" fill solid noborder, \
"results_6.dat" u 1:3:(0.1) title "fit." with circles linecolor rgb "red", \
"results_7.dat" u 1:2:(0.1) title "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" with circles linecolor rgb "blue" fill solid noborder, \
"results_7.dat" u 1:3:(0.1) title "fit." with circles linecolor rgb "blue", \
"results_8.dat" u 1:2:(0.1) title "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" with circles linecolor rgb "orange" fill solid noborder, \
"results_8.dat" u 1:3:(0.1) title "fit." with circles linecolor rgb "orange", \
"results_9.dat" u 1:2:(0.1) title "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" with circles linecolor rgb "black" fill solid noborder, \
"results_9.dat" u 1:3:(0.1) title "fit." with circles linecolor rgb "black", \
"results_aa.dat" u 1:2:(0.1) title "BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB" with circles linecolor rgb "violet" fill solid noborder, \
"results_aa.dat" u 1:3:(0.1) title "fit." with circles linecolor rgb "violet", \
"results_bb.dat" u 1:2:(0.1) title "CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC" with circles linecolor rgb "red" fill solid noborder, \
"results_bb.dat" u 1:3:(0.1) title "fit." with circles linecolor rgb "red", \
"results_cc.dat" u 1:2:(0.1) title "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" with circles linecolor rgb "blue" fill solid noborder, \
"results_cc.dat" u 1:3:(0.1) title "fit." with circles linecolor rgb "blue"
unset multiplot
pause 3
reread

I have two issues: (see attached image)

a) I would like to have the legends for graphs 1 to 5 on the top right position (inside the graphs) and that of graph 6 outside.

b) I would like graph 6 to have the same size than all the other graphs and the legend of graph 6 to be next to it on a 4th column.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Supernono06

If you want a table and its key to take the space of two tables in your output, you'll have to change table 6 to be tables 6 and 7 with the plot in table 6 and the key for table 6 in table 7. And, of course, you'll have to change:

set multiplot layout 2,3

to:

set multiplot layout 2,4

Thanks Don Cragun. But I don't know how to do that, can you please give me an example or show me? Also how to differentiate the position of the legends in the different subplots?

I'm afraid I can't help much with examples of how to do it. I don't have gnuplot installed on my system, so I don't have any way to play with suggestions so I could verify whether or not they might work.

For the first issue, once the outside option is used, one has to add inside for all other keys